Judge Gignoux and wife Hildegarde, Courthouse dedication 1988

U.S. District Court Judge John D. Clifford, appointed in 1947 by President Truman

U.S. Courthouse and Cumberland County Courthouse

U.S. Courthouse, circa 1932

U.S. Courthouse and Cumberland County Courthouse 1914

U.S. Courthouse 1912 showing revolving front door

U.S. Courthouse with F.O. Bailey Carriage Co. signage

U.S. Courthouse, historical Courtroom One

U.S. Courthouse, Courtroom Two, showing Dorothea Rockburne mural, The Virtues of Good Government

U.S. Courthouse

U.S. District Court Judge Edward Fox, appointed in 1866 by President Andrew Johnson

U.S. District Court Judge Edward T. Gignoux, appointed in 1957 by President Dwight Eisenhower. The Courthouse was dedicated in his name in September of 1988

U.S. District Court Judge Clarence Hale, appointed in 1902 by President Theodore Roosevelt

U.S. District Court Judge Albion Parris, appointed in 1818 by President Monroe

Curving Staircase in U.S. Courthouse Rotunda

U.S. Courthouse Rotunda, prior to addition of security station

U.S. District Court Judge David Sewall the first Judge in the District of Maine, appointed in 1789 by President George Washington

U.S. Courthouse and Cumberland County Courthouse with grain elevators in background

U.S. District Court Judge Asher Ware, the third Judge in the District of Maine. He lived ninety-one years and served forty-four years as District Judge

U.S. District Court Judge Nathan Webb, appointed in 1882 by President Chester Arthur

U.S. District Court Judge John Andrew Peters, 1922 1947

U.S. District Court Judge Conrad K. Cyr 1981 1989

U.S. District Court Judge Gene Carter, 1983

U.S. District Court Judge D. Brock Hornby, 1990

U.S. District Court Judge Morton A. Brody, 1991 2000

U.S. District Court Judge George Z. Singal, 2000

Chief U.S. District Court Judge John A. Woodcock, Jr., 2003